Jay is the Design Strategy Lead at Mindful Society Global Institute. He has served as the Design Thinking Chair for A Mindful Society for over 8 years. He is an award-winning experience designer and researcher who guides teams through a human-centered approach to creating meaningful products, systems, and services. His projects focus on mindfulness and well-being because he is deeply concerned about the culture of distraction in today’s attention economy. Jay has been involved in:
– launching a mindfulness startup product earning 10 million+ revenue
– leading UX projects for major international clients
– establishing a mindfulness conference with 500+ attendees every year
– publishing well-cited academic papers on technologies for mindfulness
– founding a new government innovation office
– being featured in top-tier press
– playing hundreds of musical concerts.
Jay has been practicing mindfulness for over 10 years, exploring and building a strong daily routine. Regular extended retreats in a wide range of traditions have deepened his practice, including 2 months of intensive training in a monastic setting. Some of his biggest inspirations have been Soryu Forall, Shinzen Young, S.N. Goenka, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Alan Watts, and Thich Nhat Hanh.